Monday, April 25, 2011

Marmalade Muffins

Last week I made a batch of Pioneer Woman's Marmalade Muffins, and they turned out pretty well!  As far as variations, I used all-organic ingredients including whole wheat flour.  I also only have a full-sized muffin tin so I made 16 bigger muffins opposed to Ree's suggestion for mini muffins.  If I had to do it again, I'd probably buy white all-purpose flour to keep the muffins a little fluffier and smoother.  But they were delicious regardless and stayed moist for as long as they lasted!


I'm hoping to find a decently priced cast iron dutch oven in the next couple weeks to try my hand at a pot roast with carrots and onions.  Walmart's Better Homes & Gardens line has cast iron ovens and skillets in "kiwi green", and the ratings were decent enough to where I might actually want a set of those.  We'll see if gas prices continue to spike ($50 to fill my tank today!) or if they'll settle down and leave me with some spare change for kitchenwares.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment